Local News
Arson isn’t suspected in Minot downtown apartment fire
MINOT, N.D. — Arson is not suspected in a downtown Minot apartment building fire last week that left more than 30 people displaced.
Minot Fire Marshal Dean Lenertz said Monday, March 2, that the cause is “undetermined,” although they were still processing a lot of information.
“Due to the compromised integrity of the structure, it’s been very difficult for the investigation team to determine a direct cause,” Lenertz said.
However, he did report the Feb. 26th fire started in a first-floor apartment and spread to other sections of the 1916 structure that had 28 apartments.
The building, which has been destroyed, has been deemed unsafe to enter and turned back over to the management company.
-
Local News2 months agoLocal businesses donate mattresses to support Minot Fire Department
-
Local News2 months agoMinot Fire Department recognizes doctor for decades of support on National Doctors’ Day
-
Local News2 months agoCity of Minot announces Good Friday closures and service changes
-
Local News2 months agoTwo new officers sworn in with Minot Police Department
-
Local News2 months agoOfficer begins solo patrol after completing field training program
-
North Dakota2 months agoCity of Minot continues educating residents on automated trash collection rules
-
Crime & Safety2 months agoIntersection reopened after multi-vehicle crash in Minot
-
Crime & Safety2 weeks agoMinot police investigate incident in southeast Minot in which officer was struck by vehicle



